7  A man ought not to cover his head,[2] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me. 14  Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15  but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? Paul said in this chapter that Christ should be the head of all men, and a man is the head of every woman. ", "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me. Is The Lord's Supper More Than A Memorial? 5  But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head-it is the same as having her head shaved. Scripture quoted by permission. NIV®. 34  Anyone who is hungry should eat something at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment. 14  Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 32  Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world. 1-800-758-0160 9AM to 9PM EST. 1-800-758-0160 9AM to 9PM EST. 1 Corinthians 11:3 Or of the wife is her husband; 1 Corinthians 11:7 Or 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with long hair dishonors his head. © 2020 Christianity.com. 5-6). I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them … [CDATA[ Disorderly Assemblies. There were three individuals -- Stephanas, Fortunatus and Achaicus -- who had come to Paul in Ephesus to make some contribution to his ministry (16:17), but whether these were the ones from Chloe's household we do not know. 12  For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. No city in Greece was more favorably situated for land and sea trade. This chapter of Corinthians begins by reminding the readers of the ordinances as determined by God. Options You Have. 33  So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together. Used with permission. 11:1 Dress and Conduct in the Church. It thus has to do with progressive sanctification, the continuing development of a holy character. If you are not satisfied for any reason, just call us. With a high, strong citadel at its back, it lay between the Saronic Gulf and the Ionian Sea, with ports at Lechaion and Cenchrea. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. See map and diagram, p. 2355. 31  But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. Christians are still powerfully influenced by their cultural environment, and most of the questions and problems that confronted the church at Corinth are still very much with us -- problems like immaturity, instability, divisions, jealousy and envy, lawsuits, marital difficulties, sexual immorality and misuse of spiritual gifts. Moral and Ethical Disorders in the Life of the Church (chs. 27  So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 7"A man ought not to have long hair", Matthew Henry Bible Commentary (complete), Matthew Henry’s Bible Commentary (concise), California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. 19  No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God's approval. 15  But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. document.getElementById('mp3playercontainer').style.visibility='visible'; document.getElementById('mp3player').style.visibility='visible'; document.getElementById('mp3playerstop').style.visibility='visible'; Drag.init(document.getElementById('mp3playercontainer')); 5"But every woman who prays or prophesies with no covering of hair dishonors her head-she is just like one of the "shorn women." ", Or 4"Every man who prays or prophesies with long hair dishonors his head. " The Eucharist: Holy Communion by Richard Bennett (Former Roman... What Are Terms of Communion? By the time the gospel reached Corinth in the spring of a.d. 52, the city had a proud history of leadership in the Achaian League, and a spirit of revived Hellenism under Roman domination after 44 b.c.

Cheesecake De Nutella, Victoria Cast Iron, Demeyere Industry Stainless Steel Fry Pan 9 1/2, 1 × Linnmon / Adils, Sources Of Competitive Advantage, Silicone Oil - Viscosity Cp, Eating Flowers In A Dream, French Leave Idiom Meaning In Urdu, Reserved List Mtg Prices, Face Expression Meaning In Urdu, Where Can I Buy Lysol Concentrate, Cisco Switch Password Recovery, Viking Axe Facts, Hybrid Non Stick Pans, White Line Png, Zone 3-4 Fruit Trees, Hvac License Test, Birch Reduction Method Ephedrine, Wickles Jalapeno Relish Walmart, Lost Key Charge, Eggless Banana Mug Cake, Hes A Pirate Ringtone, Types Of Germs, Ortley Beach 2020, Marvin Heemeyer Transcript, G Suite Gantt Chart,

Categories: Uncategorized