This Blueberries and Cream Oatmeal recipe is one of my new favorite healthy oatmeal recipes. In a small sauce pan combine the almond milk, oatmeal, vanilla and blueberries, cover and heat on low until all the milk is absorbed about 15-20 minutes. Whole-grain oatmeal is also known to boost metabolism, to be specific minimally processed old fashioned and steel cut oats increase metabolism. More oatmeal recipes for weight loss below… keep scrolling. In a medium sauce pan combine the almond milk, oatmeal, cinnamon and maple syrup, heat on low until most of the milk is absorbed (stir as needed). With all the great weight loss benefits you get from eating healthy oatmeal recipes, you can be sure you’re doing your body good. I love the combination of peanut butter, bananas and honey. Try it, you can’t say “Breakfast Cookies” without smiling. Also try my Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Cookies, they are delicious and always the hit at parties! This recipe for healthy oats adds a boost of protein thanks to the Greek Yogurt. Breakfast smoothie is an emergency food for us. In a small sauce pan bring a cup of water to a boil, add the oatmeal and cherries, reduce to low and stir occasionally until the water is all absorbed. There are different styles of oatmeal, rolled oats, steel cut oats, and quick oats. BONUS RECIPE: These are the famous Giant Breakfast Cookies I made on the Rachael Ray Show! This weight loss oatmeal recipe is packed full of metabolism boosting ingredients. Be sure to let it cool so the sugars can work on it and firm up the filling. Once water is absorbed add the almond extract, 1 1/2 tsp honey and stir. //-->. Often I find no extra sugar is needed, so hold off on the sugar until the end, and add sparingly. Check out more breakfast oatmeal recipes below…. The information and opinions found on this website are written based on the best data available at the time of writing, and are believed to be accurate according to the best discernment of the authors. Remove from heat, add in the lemon zest and chocolate chips mix together and then plate in two pretty bowls. Eating oatmeal for weight loss is also a great habit that’s easy to follow. This healthy oatmeal breakfast recipe has loads of super foods, and a boost of protein. For peaches ( in place of berries) boil the halves for a few minutes so you can easily peel the skins off, or just use frozen peaches. Once most of the milk is absorbed add in the apple sauce and stir together. google_ad_width = 336; Add in the lemon zest and move to a pretty bowl. If you use dairy instead, or almond milk, you will be more in line with the DASH diet. Add in the oats and raisins and mix until just combined. Spray 2-3 cookie sheets with baking spray. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information we provide. If you love quick oats by all means use them instead of rolled oats in this healthy oatmeal recipe. Remove the sauce pan from heat and let stand, covered for 5 minutes before serving. Try this and other “copycat: Quaker Oats recipes for weight loss in this article…. For apples, core, peel and slice then replace the vanilla with cinnamon. Preheat oven to 350ºF. From increasing metabolism, to increasing cardiovascular health, oatmeal is a super-food you don’t want to miss out on. Keep in mind, the store-bought stuff is full of preservatives, chemicals and thickening agents. Each serving has: 317 calories, 9 g fat, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein, 53 g carbs. If you follow the flavor of DASH diet by Marla Heller, widely advertised by Dr. Oz, and you are on the first stage of the diet, this smoothie doesn’t fit its requirements. Enjoy with green tea for a metabolism boosting breakfast. This healthy oatmeal breakfast recipe will quickly become your favorite! All material provided at LoseWeightByEating.com is for informational purposes only, and is not to be taken as medical advice or recommendation. I don’t know about you, but the smell of cinnamon and maple syrup always make me happy in the morning. (Inspired by Martha Stewart’s recipe that is no longer to be found online). Oats are a great source of dietary fiber and help meet the DASH goal of making half your grains whole. Make this, and other elevated healthy oatmeal recipes for quick weight loss. https://loseweightbyeating.com/healthy-oatmeal-recipes-breakfast-weight-loss Breakfast oatmeal doesn’t have to be boring! We blend it in the morning, or before a tough workout. Remove the sauce pan from heat and let stand, covered for 2 minutes before serving. , Disclaimer. This metabolism boosting breakfast oatmeal will quickly become your favorite “go to” meal in the mornings! This breakfast oatmeal cookie recipe tastes like a yummy cookie… but really it’s just a bowl of oatmeal, baked into cookie form. I saved the best for last… this oats for weight loss recipe is absolutely amazing! She now actively blogs and coaches clients in discovering a new and healthy eating lifestyle. In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. The soluble fiber in oatmeal helps reduce the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream, and adding fruits can increase the amount of soluble fiber your getting, so it’s a double win.