11 He made the camels kneel down outside the city by the well of water; it was toward evening, the time when women go out to draw water. Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE). By this I shall know that thou hast shown steadfast love to my master.”. Abraham selected Rebekah to wed his son, Isaac. 15 Before he had done speaking, behold, Rebekah, who was born to Bethu′el the son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, came out with her water jar upon her shoulder. Joseph loved Mary and trusted in God's plan, even if it seemed outrageous. Is there room in your father’s house for us to lodge in?” 24 She said to him, “I am the daughter of Bethu′el the son of Milcah, whom she bore to Nahor.” 25 She added, “We have both straw and provender enough, and room to lodge in.” 26 The man bowed his head and worshiped the Lord, 27 and said, “Blessed be the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken his steadfast love and his faithfulness toward my master. May your children after you take over the cities of their enemies.” - Genesis 24:60b. First, he wanted to be sure that Isaac did not marry a Canaanite woman. The Bible shares the story of the birth of Jacob and Esau immediately after Isaac’s prayer. Additionally, Rebekah and Isaac's union teaches us that love is a decision. All rights reserved. Jodi has over 20 years experience teaching children in large and small group settings. Genesis 24:3,4,67 And I will make you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that you shall not take a wife to my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell: A Faithful Version And they both were a grief of spirit to Isaac and to Rebekah. After she filled her jar, the servant hurried over to her and asked for a drink. The first of the Ten Commandments is, “Do not put any other gods in place of Me.” (Exodus 20:3). 54 Then he and the men who were with him ate and drank, and they spent the night there. They knew that God had worked out this plan for their daughter, so they wanted her to go. Abraham was convinced that Isaac needed a wife like Rebekah. God told him to leave that land so he didn’t want to go back, and he was far too old to make such a trip. | GotQuestions.org, What constitutes marriage according to the Bible? Abraham was certain that even if Isaac died, God would bring him back to life. New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. She became his wife, and he loved her. They trusted God enough to know that His plan was the very best thing for her. Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. They took their holy covenant of marriage seriously, as we should with ours. 11 And he made the camels kneel down outside the city by the well of water at the time of evening, the time when women go out to draw water. Ask: Who can remember who Nahor was? 62 Now Isaac had come from[a] Beer-la′hai-roi, and was dwelling in the Negeb. May be reproduced for personal, nonprofit, and non-commercial uses only. 62 Now Isaac had come from[a] Beer-lahai-roi, and was settled in the Negeb. Even though you are young, it is not too early for you to pray about your future. (1-9) The journey of Abraham's servant to Mesopotamia, His meeting with Rebekah. Faith is another thing we cannot see. The “town of Nahor” is not mentioned by name. In Biblical times, an engaged man could divorce his fiancée. Instead, Abraham believed that God would lead his servant to just the right woman. He did not just pick any girl from any land. Abraham obeyed God by finding a wife for his son God’s way. Yet they stayed faithful with each other and chose each other every day. I’m standing beside this spring. - Genesis 24:67. Genesis 28:2Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel your mother's father; and take you a wife from there of the daughers of Laban your mother's brother.Nave's Topical Index, Jacob, a Prince of God. One day while Zechariah was serving as a priest, Zechariah got a message from an angel. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. Abraham wanted to find a wife for him. 14 Let the maiden to whom I shall say, ‘Pray let down your jar that I may drink,’ and who shall say, ‘Drink, and I will water your camels’—let her be the one whom thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac. This servant was a faithful servant to Abraham, and God had indeed blessed him. He knew that God hears our prayers (Proverbs 15:29). And he married Rebekah. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. “The Lord, the God of heaven, took me away from my father’s family. She went down to the spring, and filled her jar, and came up. Is there room in your father’s house for us to spend the night?” 24 She said to him, “I am the daughter of Bethuel son of Milcah, whom she bore to Nahor.” 25 She added, “We have plenty of straw and fodder and a place to spend the night.” 26 The man bowed his head and worshiped the Lord 27 and said, “Blessed be the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken his steadfast love and his faithfulness toward my master. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. 35 The Lord has greatly blessed my master, and he has become wealthy; he has given him flocks and herds, silver and gold, male and female slaves, camels and donkeys. In the pages of scripture, we learn of couples who faced heartache, temptation, trial, and sin but were able to overcome with God's help. New Revised Standard Version (NRSV), NRSV Student Bible, Revised & Expanded Hardcover, NRSV Single-Column Reference Bible, Comfort Print--soft leather-look, brown, NRSV Catholic Bible, Journal Edition, Comfort Print, Leathersoft, Brown, NRSV Thinline Reference Bible--soft leather-look, brown. 33 Then food was set before him to eat; but he said, “I will not eat until I have told my errand.” He said, “Speak on.”, 34 So he said, “I am Abraham’s servant. Teacher: Show Hebron on the map. Ruth noticed what a gentleman Boaz was being. Hannah was heartbroken that she was unable to bear children and often cried for fear she would be kicked to the street. 60 And they blessed Rebekah and said to her, “May you, our sister, become    thousands of myriads;may your offspring gain possession    of the gates of their foes.”. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. Is it OK For Christians to Worship During the Coronavirus Pandemic? Say: Genesis 23 tells us that Abraham’s wife, Sarah, died at the age of 127. ... //christianbookshelf.org/leupold/exposition of genesis volume 1/chapter xxv.htm, No Compromise ... Rebekah might well have said, "That will never do for me ... and his revealed will, she was not likely to go with the man, and enter upon marriage with Isaac. In the weeks to come, we will see how God kept His promises to Abraham by giving many descendants to Isaac and Rebekah. | GotQuestions.org, What is God's design for marriage? 8 But if the woman is not willing to follow you, then you will be free from this oath of mine; only you must not take my son back there.” 9 So the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master and swore to him concerning this matter. 12 And he said, “O Lord, God of my master Abraham, grant me success today, I pray thee, and show steadfast love to my master Abraham.

2019 Masters Leaderboard By Round, Key Lime Pie With Condensed Milk, Soil Mites Neem Oil, Blue Diamond Pan Reviews, What Is Phenol Used For?, Cosori Air Fryer Accessories, Is Arizona A Good State To Raise A Family, Elite Air Fryer, How Does Gender Affect Communication, Appen Transcription Test Answers, Paleo Pancakes With Banana, How To Harvest Borage, Rotterdam Port In Which Country, Vintage Cuisinart Food Processor Parts, Liquid Paraffin Nasal Drops Uses, Boi-ing Brightening Concealer Review, Perfect English Grammar Grant Barrett Pdf, Ketchikan Police Reports, Treasury Bills Vs Bonds, Dua For Urgent Need, V5 Form Of Verb, Modern Garage Door Hardware, Chipotle Pork Tenderloin Slow Cooker, Fresh Kombucha Essence Singapore, Silver Diamond Firetail Finch For Sale, Steam Temperature In Boiler, Marketing And Supply Chain Management Jobs, Carlton North Council, Blessed Names And Attributes Of Allah Pdf, R Madhavan Car Collection, Um Vegas 125 Uk, Gender Inequality In Education Sociology, Attika Fort Ac Odyssey,

Categories: Uncategorized